Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ten Father's Day Confessions

  1. I wish I had learned to be more playful
  2. I wish I had been less judgmental and more accepting
  3. I wish my mom had understood boundaries so that I could have better respected yours
  4. I wish I had never been too preoccupied to hug, too talky to listen, or too upset to reassure
  5. I wish I had learned more from you
  6. I wish I had sacrificed more and indulged myself less
  7. I wish you hadn’t had to take sides
  8. I wish we three had spent more time by ourselves
  9. I wish for less certainty and more curiosity
  10. I wish our time weren’t running out

No comments:

Post a Comment

They spam, I moderate. When you send a comment, it will disappear for a bit until I am notified. It hasn't been eaten. On the plus side, I can now reply to questions or suggestions, if you have any, in the comments!