Friday, April 2, 2010

Blogger to Nesseler: Evolve or Die!

The Google Monster
Google has evolved, and so will you, if you know what's good for you! On May 1st we are shutting down the way you blog, even though we sold you on it not too long ago. We made a mistake. Change or die!
Grrrrrr!
Which about says it all. When I set this blog up, I did it the hard way (a bad habit of mine) and now I'm paying for it. I love complex stuff. Have you seen the new TiVo? Wow!

[Last night a nurse in the Green Hospital asked me what I was doing — I was streaming Countdown with Keith Olbermann. I explained that I was connected from my Macbook Pro to my home HD TiVo, and could watch anything I've recorded. If less than two programs are being recorded right now, I could watch any station I wanted to from HBO to Playboy. And I could watch anywhere in the world where I could reasonably connect to the Internet. Her wings fluttered. I had confused her. She backed slowly out of the room.]

All which is to say, one day next week, after I've done my taxes, which I've threatened myself to do first, I'll take on the conversion process, and, since life and death aren't at issue, I moving forward with enthusiastic unsupported hope to guide me.

I expect the process to take one day. Then again, you will recall, I thought the second transplant would be another autologous stem-cell transplant and would be finished a year ago.

1 comment:

  1. So are you a TiVo monster now? I have this dread that like the movie "Inkheart" you'll program yourself right into some nightly news program or maybe you'll end up on "Survivor" on a desert island and since I don't have cable, I'll miss seeing you...

    ReplyDelete

They spam, I moderate. When you send a comment, it will disappear for a bit until I am notified. It hasn't been eaten. On the plus side, I can now reply to questions or suggestions, if you have any, in the comments!