Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An excellent day

**** Note: if you don't see newer posts that this, it's because I gave out the wrong link. Click here for newer posts.

Today I'm not going to add to my list of unintentional suicides, because for one thing, my brother Joe made it to his date with a pacemaker and has come out bionic.

In fact, it has been a glorious day.

  1. My daughter Bess took her first step toward reconciliation with me in 18 years! There never was a good reason for the estrangement and I am delighted to hope that before too long the senseless wall between us will be completely torn down. Of course, I did have to lay the mother of all guilt trips on her, but it was honest and she had a heart.
  2. Joe got his pacemaker. The next time he climbs his goofy spiral stairs he'll survive it.
  3. My niece Jordan, who lives in Fla, wants to be with me to help with the aSCT
  4. My aged cat, Yeti, appears to suffer only chronic inflammatory bowel disease. He starts on pred soon, should fix him up. It wasn't lymphoma, I believe.
  5. My blood tests look ok, with a normal white-cell count. I have to wait for the cancer tests until later in the week, but pulsing dex two days a week at 20mg seems to be doing enough to keep me ready for aSCT.
  6. I seem to be acquiring a new friend, Luciana, who is very bright and quite tolerant of my situation. I can't wait to meet her!

So, nothing dark today.

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to let you know Im so happy about this for you. Also to let you know I am following your posts so I know how to pray for you. Thanks for your comment in kinship forums.
    Ill keep intouch.

    aka Ariwen/Aldasil/Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i follow several MM posts because my SIL is fighting the same dreadful adversary. I have an African Grey, too, and I pray you found someone to help you with your dear feathered friend. So just wanted to let you know I was keeping you on a prayer list and every morning when I let out my "Greybird" I will be beaming energy your way!!

    ReplyDelete

They spam, I moderate. When you send a comment, it will disappear for a bit until I am notified. It hasn't been eaten. On the plus side, I can now reply to questions or suggestions, if you have any, in the comments!