Saturday, June 12, 2010

It wasn't thymoglobulin Friday. It was cladribine.

You know you're doing serious chemotherapy, even more serious than the Arsenic Trioxide (otherwise known as the "last ditch" chemotheraphy, is when your nurse has to put on a hazmat suit to give it to you. But it is nothing like the Cladribine. It took two transfusions of packed red cells and other lengthy preparations to begin the infusion. I don't think it was much before 11pm before the final button was pushed. Melba, my nurse, and I high-fived. Then she went around putting up warning/chemo signs everywhere. My only problem with it was a headache. And not enough Atavan (oh, what a wonderful drug).

Today's adventure, which I think is with both a six-hour infusion of thymoglobin and a two hour infusion of Cladribine, plus more transfusions of packed red cells, will probably be more difficult. I think there are three more days of these two before the Melphalan whack on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. sounds scary, but we are hopeful and pray that this new treatment will do it for you:) Lynne and Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just imagine there is a mega-intention machine in the corner, beaming good energy to everyone and everything about this procedure... so it all comes out good for the highest and best, for all concerned...

    ReplyDelete

They spam, I moderate. When you send a comment, it will disappear for a bit until I am notified. It hasn't been eaten. On the plus side, I can now reply to questions or suggestions, if you have any, in the comments!